The Children’s Parliament is meant to provide sustainable and meaningful opportunities for children to engage in local, national and international democratic processes. It has enabled children from all backgrounds and of all abilities to work together to share and compare notes and experiences that make active citizenship a reality library.
The First Session of Namibia’s Children’s Parliament (2007) set out as its primary objectives the following:
- Deepening the understanding of parliamentary democracy;
- Engaging young people in governance issues;
- Creating linkages with others on the continent;
- Creating a platform values, and
- Championing the spread of rights of the underprivileged.