Duties of the Chairperson:
- Chairs all sessions of the National Council.
- Presides over all meetings of the Steering Committee, Rules Committee and the Privileges and Immunities Committee.
- Oversees the finances, administration and policy guidelines of the National Council, its Select and Standing Committees.
- Ensures the implementation of decisions and directives of the National Council.
- Provides a link between the National Council, Government Offices, Ministries, Agencies, other institutions and organizations.