The functions of the Committee are to:
- Satisfy itself that the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology, Department of Public Service Information Technology Management and the Directorate Science, Research and Technology of the Ministry of Education have been carried out its Constitutional mandates in an efficient and effective manner and make recommendations to or through the National Assembly to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the Ministries.
- Consider proposed and existing policies and legislation on Information and Communication Technology and make recommendations to the National Assembly on policy and legislative review where necessary
- Monitor, enquire into, and make recommendations to the National Assembly on matters that may directly or indirectly affect Information and Communication Technology, Science, Research and Technology.
- Consider issues relating to the rollout and use of ICTs throughout the country from an elected representative’s point of view to ensure that community and environmental aspects are taken into consideration and address public perceptions on ICT rollout and applications
- Visit ICT projects, consult with communities and make recommendations to the National Assembly whether projects are operational and serving the needs of the communities
- Liaise with regional entities with similar mandates in the ICT field