The Committee has the duty to assist and act on matters referred to it by the House for scrutiny and to submit reports on:
- The accounts showing the appropriation of the sums granted by Parliament to meet public expenditure of the Republic;
- Such other accounts and any other matter or task as my be referred to the Committee by the House or under any other law;
- All reports of the Auditor General on any such accounts;
- All accounts and reports of accounts where the State has interests; and
- All State-Owned Enterprises and Parastatals.
- The Committee reports on its findings and makes its recommendations to the Assembly for consideration and debate.
- Upon adoption of the reports and recommendations by the Assembly, the Committee has a duty to report on the implementation of the recommendations as adopted.